As revealed at the recording of our last live episode, Seven/Religion, here is your homework viewing for Eight/Science, which will be recorded on August 11th at Bar Open in Melbourne (full show details here).
Your homework viewing for the Eighth Doctor is:
- Doctor Who: The Movie
…okay, no surprises there. While we’ll mostly be sticking with discussion of Grace: 1999, you might enjoy listening to some Eighth Doctor Big Finish audio adventures. We suggest:
- The Chimes of Midnight
- The Silver Turk
- the BBC7 series beginning with Blood of the Daleks
We’re talking about science in Doctor Who; here are some good (or bad) examples of science and scientists in the show:
- The Daleks (William Hartnell, 1963; seven episodes)
- Terror of the Autons (Jon Pertwee, 1971; four episodes)
- The Masque of Mandragora (Tom Baker, 1976; four episodes)
- Four to Doomsday (Peter Davison, 1982; four episodes)
- The Lazarus Experiment (David Tennant, 2007; one episode)
There’s so much “science” in Doctor Who, though, that we could easily list dozens of other relevant stories; if you’re feeling enthusiastic, you might also want to watch The Daemons, Creature from the Pit, Logopolis, Aliens of London/World War Three, New Earth or The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky. Please share your own suggestions in the comments below!