The Melbourne International Comedy Festival is about to start for 2016, and many of the guests who appeared on Splendid Chaps are featured in this year’s program – as well as two of our hosts!
Petra Elliott is one of the stars of the improvised puppet show, The Mighty Little Puppet Show! You won’t want to miss her performing as one of the “Ritas”, colourful puppets on which the audience will build their own characters. The show also features “What I Learned from Doctor Who” guest Rob Lloyd. The Mighty Little Puppet Show runs at 7:30 PM, upstairs @ Little Sista (next to the Town Hall). It’s a rotating ensemble cast, so if you want to see Petra make sure you book for March 25, 27, 29 or 31, or April 1.
Ben McKenzie has had a hand in Claire Hooper’s show this year, through his games company Pop Up Playground; together they present Being Claire Hooper, a whimsical, Claire Hooper-themed treasure hunt through the city. You might even see a familiar face or two… Being Claire Hooper begins at 6 PM each Saturday and Sunday at the statue of Burke and Wills at City Square (opposite the Town Hall). Tickets are very limited so be sure to book!
Here’s a round up of all our guests appearing in the festival! Check the listings linked via the title of each show for details (for example, most shows are an hour earlier on Sundays). We’ve also linked to the episodes they appeared in in case you’d like to revisit.
- Adam McKenzie (Comedy Festival Mini-Episode) – Watson’s The Life Education Van for Adults! Melbourne Town Hall, 10:45 PM, March 24 – April 16. (Also features Tegan Higginbotham.)
- Adam Richard (Four/Comedy, Christmas Special) – Splitsecondism. Imperial Hotel, 8 PM, April 5-17.
- Dave Callan (Four/Comedy) – A Little Less Conversation 3: Even More Less Conversation. Trades Hall, 9:45 PM, March 24 – April 17.
- Dean Arcuri (Two/Evil) – Les n Mis. Hare Hole (Hares and Hyenas), 8 PM, five shows only: March 29 and April 3, 4, 5 and 10.
- Geraldine Quinn (One/Authority) – Could You Repeat That? Coopers Malthouse, 7:15 PM, March 24 – April 3.
- Justin Hamilton (Eleven/Future) – Hoot. Melbourne Town Hall, 6 PM, Saturdays only.
- Lawrence Leung (Who and Books) – Very Strange Things. Coopers Malthouse, 9:15 PM, March 25 – April 17.
- Sarah Jones (Comedy Festival Cutaway) – Jonestown’s Happy Campers. 7 PM, The Butterfly Club, March 29 – April 3.
- Tegan Higginbotham (Five/Fear) – The City of Love. Greek Centre, 7:15 PM, March 24 – April 3.
Justin Hamilton and Adam Richard also host The Shelf, 7:30 PM on Mondays at The Toff in Town.